June 20, 2020
Present: 12 Members - Phyllis Narus, Wanda Kelley, Denita McCulley, Sue McDuff, Tawanda Privett, Nancy Marucco, Marie and Wally Whitman, Carla Boudrot, Jane Collins, Steve Prentice, Pam Van Degeift
Phyllis called the meeting to order at 10 a.m. at R&M Yarns in Georgetown, TN.
Minutes & Treasurer’s Report: The minutes were read. No corrections were announced. The Treasurer’s Report was presented.
Program: Quarantine Creations – Show and Share. No set program was scheduled for this month due to Covid-19 delays. Members shared their weaving creations done during the quarantine. Pictures will be placed on the blogspot.
· An updated printed copy of the 2020 Membership Roster was distributed. Any corrections or additions can be sent to Phyllis for inclusion.
· Chattahoochee Handweaver’s Guild is planning “Creative Confinement -Fiber Show” online and invited our guild to participate. Entries can be submitted June 15-July 15. Details will be available on the blogspot for those interested in participating.
· The Farm to Fiber Day at the Commons in Ooltewah on September 20 is still planned. There is no charge for a booth. Any items sold will pay a 10% commission.
· The Smoky Mtn. Fiber Arts Festival has been cancelled due to Covid-19 for this year.
· Convergence in Knoxville and Guild Exhibits are cancelled for this year. Plans are to have next one at the same locations. Details will be provided later.
· Jane presented a reminder about the 2020 Weaver’s Challenge, “The Textures and Colors of Nature”. A copy of the handout is on the blogspot. The completed projects will be presented at the December meeting.
Show & Share: Several members shared their most recent weaving projects; photos will be on the blogspot.
Next Meeting: July 18 at 10 a.m Program: Finishing Techniques & review of Robyn Spady’s “Parallel Threading” Workshop attended by Phyllis & Carrie.
Wanda Kelley, Secretary